Orange County RAM Recall and Buyback Info
The buyback program covers RAM pickups, and Dodge SUVs first recalled in 2013 for having axle problems or losing power steering while in motion. Essentially, if you own a vehicle involved in the program, you receive cash, which you can use however you want. The amount you receive is based on the trade-in value of a vehicle deemed as "good" by the market plus 10 percent. If you stick with the automaker by buying a Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, or Jeep, you get additional incentives of $1,000 to $2,000. These additions were not required by the NHTSA but instead form part of the automaker's attempt to keep your business.
Vehicles Eligible for RAM Recall & Buyback
You are qualified for the buyback program if you own any of the following vehicles and have not had it repaired to address recall problems.
- 2009 Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs made from Jan. 3, 2008 through Dec. 18, 2008.
- 2009-12 Dodge RAM 1500 pickups made from Feb. 27, 2008 through June 30, 2009, and from Dec. 1, 2009 through Oct. 20, 2011.
- 2009-11 Dodge Dakota pickups made from Feb. 27, 2007 through June 30, 2009, and from Dec. 1, 2009, through Sept. 30, 2011.
- 2008-12 Dodge RAM 2500 and RAM 3500 4x4 pickups.
- 2008-12 Dodge RAM 3500 4x2 Cab Chassis vehicles.
- 2008-12 Dodge RAM 4500 and RAM 5500 trucks made from Feb. 20, 2007 through December 2012.
- 2008 Dodge RAM Mega Cab 4x4 pickups.
To find out if your specific vehicle is eligible, enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) using this Free Recall Check:
If your vehicle shows a status of "open," then its recall issues are unresolved, and it is eligible for the buyback program. You can visit ww.fcarecall.com to find a preliminary estimated value for your vehicle. You may also call the Fiat Chrysler recall customer service line at (900) 853-1403.Bring Your RAM Truck to Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for Its inspection:
Starting October 1, 2015, you can contact our helpful service department to arrange for your vehicle to be inspected. We can then call a third-party administrator to perform the inspection and present you with a final offer. You can now choose one of three options.
Other Vehicles Affected by the Recall
- Accept the cash for the buyback offer.
- Have your vehicle repaired and receive a $100 Visa prepaid card, which you can use with no restrictions.
- Accept the trade-in incentive to buy any of the previously mentioned new vehicles, which you can do until Jan. 4, 2016.
If you own a 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee or a 2002-2007 Jeep Liberty SUV that was recalled but not repaired as of July 24, 2015 then you can choose one of the following incentives.
Have your vehicle repaired and receive a $100 Visa prepaid card, which you can use with no restrictions.
Trade in the vehicle for any of the previously mentioned new vehicles. You can then receive either a $1,000 incentive to use toward the purchase or a $1,000 Visa Prepaid Card, which you can use for parts or service at any US Chrysler Fiat dealership that accepts the trade-in.
If you have any questions about the recall or want to test drive any of the vehicles that you can trade up to, please contact Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM.